Tag Archives: reports
SolarTech, an initiative of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, hasreleased a white paper, “Addressing Institutional Barriers,Opportunities for Streamlining Project Timelines” that finds for everytypical 4-5kW residential system, the average 5 day on-siteinstallation masks an average of 100-120 days in procedural work. Thepaper identifies challenges within today’s solar project developmentcycle and suggests methods to reduce project [...]
NBC affiliate Cox Media reporter Diana Guevara caught up with HelioPower‘sScott Gordon and solar power client Robert Schmalz in Oceanside for hersolar piece Monday, January 25. Schmalz, a HelioPower client who wentsolar just recently through the solar San Diego 1BOG program, talks about solar as a smart investment:
ReneSola (SOL) reported mixed Q3 results this morning posting a lossof $0.07 which was inline with analyst estimates on revenues of $140.9million which was a bit better than Wall St estimates of $136.8 million. The company says it’s seeing a strong rebound in demand and expectsto work through its high priced inventory early next year [...]
GT Solar (SOLR) reported mixed earnings results after the bell todaywith a miss on the EPS side (reporting .06/share vs estimates of.07/share) and a beat on the revenue side (reporting $104 million vsestimates of $101.8). EPS was off 68% from the year ago period, socertainly another solar company that is struggling to get growingagain. The [...]
There wasn’t going to be too much of a surprise in the EnergyConversion Devices (ENER) earnings report. The company has beenstruggling for a few quarters and that was going to continue. Thecompany posted a record loss of .34/share on revenues of just $42.9million. The revenue number missed analyst estimates of $56.4 millionby a wide margin [...]
MEMC Electronic (WFR) announced today it’s diversifying its business with the $200 million purchase of the largest North American solar services provider SunEdison. The payout will include cash and options and is expected to close bythe end of the year and begin contributing to earnings in the secondhalf of 2010. This is a good move in [...]
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone