Tag Archives: reclaim
Last month we reported on how General Electric quietly stole the cadmium telluride (CdTe) solar cell effficiency crown from First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) — with a solar cell clocking in at 18.3 percent. When I asked First Solar CTO Raffi Garabedian for a comment at the time, he was respectful, but said that it didn’t [...]
If you’re going to pick two eventual winners in the thin film sweepstakes (ignoring First Solar for now), Japan’s Sharp Solar and Solar Frontier need to rank high on your list. Sharp is looking to do it withamorphous silicon (a-Si) in spite of that technology’s historicalfailings, while Solar Frontier is focused on CIGS. Sharp looks [...]
After wooing eco-consumers with Blue Earth and Clover,Samsungreclaims its green position with the new Reclaim. Samsung Electronicalong with Sprint has launched it eco-friendly handset named as Reclaimin the United States. It has environmentally responsible components andthe packaging is fully recyclable. So in the end you have aneco-friendly mobile phone in your hand. The handset is [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa