Tag Archives: plastic
Most of us think of plastic as being the antithesis of renewable.And with good reason. Most plastics are made using ethane and propanefrom petroleum which are converted into ethylene and propylene using ahigh-temperature furnace. Plastics are fossil fuel and energyintensive. Nothing renewable about that! But a research team at the University of Washingtonled by David [...]
Ifyou summarize the problems environment faces today, the end resultwould be two main issues – the increase in landfill waste, which mainlyconsists of trashed plastic bottles, and the reduction in energy supplyto fuel our hi-tech living. Industrial designer Chris Allen has come upwith an ingenious solution to both the problems in a project he calls [...]
Organicsolar cells are translucent, flexible, lightweight and cost less tomanufacturer compared to silicon based solar cells because they arecomposed of a plastic material. Solar panels have not reached gridparity (a cost competitive to fossil fuel based energy) and that’s theprimary reason people are excited about organic solar cells. According to Solarmer Energy,the leading developer of [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa