Tag Archives: percent
LG Display Co. Ltd, a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquidcrystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, announced plans to focus itsR&D capabilities on a thin-film type solar cell and nurture it as afuture growth driver. LG Display plans to invest KRW50 billioninto R&D to build a pilot line within its Paju display complex inKorea during the second [...]
Much like the boom-to-bust IC industry in recent decades,manufacturers of solar-energy cells and thin films are having adifficult time matching investments for new production capacity withthe recessionary and recovery throes of the fledgling photovoltaic(PV)-device market, based on the analysis in a new 2009 report from ICInsights: Solar Energy: Growth Opportunities for the Semiconductor Industry. Themismatch [...]
Young Market Research (YMR) has released the first issue of its Monthly Solar Cell Capacity, Shipment and Company Profile Database and Report.This three-in-one report features essential supply, shipment andcompany profile data and analysis on over 210 different cellmanufacturers. According to Ross Young, YMR President: “Thefirst issue of this report shows that solar cell manufacturers arecurrently [...]
EdisonInternational, owner of California’s largest electric utility, said itwill be difficult to keep increasing its use of renewable energy as thelatest goal set by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger stretches limits onthe ability to manage such power sources. “It’s a goal weshould be behind,” Chief Executive Officer Ted Craver said today in aninterview in New York. “The [...]
The global market for PV inverters is likely to fall by 27 percent thisyear to under $2 billion according to the latest analysis from IMSResearch. Despite the record growth seen in 2008, with themarket growing by 95 percent to reach $2.5 billion, this year is set tobe very different. IMS Research’s ongoing analysis of the [...]
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone