Tag Archives: owens
Builders of solar panels (and semiconductors andhard disk drives, for that matter) need to focus on technologyprocesses, assembling, testing and shipping their product. The minutiae of the equipment that makes these products materialize is important but not the core focus of these firms. If you tour the factory floor of a modern solar plant — [...]
Owens Corning, world leader in building materials and glass fiberreinforcements, and SunEdison, North America’s largest solar servicesprovider, announced the activation of a 440 kilowatt (kW) roof-mountphotovoltaic (PV) solar system at Owens Corning’s Kearny, New Jerseyfacility. The activation took place on Sept. 21, the day beforeSunEdison was awarded the first energy stimulus grant in the solarindustry, [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa