Tag Archives: momentum
In 2006, the documentary Who Killed The Electric Car hit theaters. The movie won a bunch of awards, but more importantly it exposed some uncomfortable truths about electric cars. From the strategic dismantling of General Motors’ EV1 project (thanks to a manipulation of the California Air Resources Board mandate thatrequired automakers’ California market share to [...]
GT Solar today announced that it signed a definitive agreement to repurchaseshares of common stock from GT Solar Holdings, whose members include all of the company’s private equity investors. Per the agreement, the company will purchase 26.5 million shares ofits common stock at a price of approximately $7.66 per share for a total purchase price [...]
Polls show momentum is growing for the No on Prop 23 campaign, which seeks to defeat a November 2nd ballot initiative — sponsored by two Texas oil companies — to repeal California’s landmark clean energy and climate law, AB 32. Yesterday, religious leaders representing a wide spectrum of faiths and regions across California announced they [...]
The technology group, The Linde Group, and its subsidiary, Linde LienHwa (LLH), jointly announced several long-term gas supply contracts withleading Chinese solar manufacturers. The multi-million US dollar contracts will see Linde supplying to the full solar manufacturingvalue chain in China, from polysilicon to major solar modulemanufacturers, including GS Solar, Parity Solar, CNPV Solar Power SA,General [...]
Alternative-alternative energies seem to be gaining attention. According to Jim Offner’s piece “Alternative-Alternative Energies: What’s Next?,” published in TechNewsWorld, gone are the days when "fringe technologies" meant things like solar energy and wind power. “Those and other alternative energy approaches have all gonemainstream, to one degree or another, and they’re gaining more steameach year,” [...]
Every once in a while, the tone of the energy market shifts in a waythat seems subtle at the time, but is a major turning point inhindsight. I believe one is happening now. January 2007was such a moment, a time of palpable excitement around renewableenergy. Solar, wind, and other renewable plays exploded that year, andFirst [...]
Research and Markets has announced the addition of Frost &Sullivan’s new report "2010 High Growth Market Opportunity -Photovoltaic (PV) Cell and Module Testers" to its offering. Pulsed PV cell and module testers market maintains positive momentum despite recession Notwithstandingthe global economic meltdown, the world PV cell and module testersmarket has remained buoyant. During 2008, PV [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!