Tag Archives: mark zuckerberg
Facebook has the green light from Menlo Park’s city council to build a huge second campus that connects to its headquarters in Silicon Valley. The company says its new 433,555-square-foot building will blend into the landscape, thanks to an extensive green roof that covers most of the very long building. Designed by award-winning architect Frank Gehry, the goal for the white stucco [...]
Most people know data centers use plenty of power, up to 2% of the world’s electricity and growing 12% each year. But their impact on water is much more murky. Against that backdrop, the giant social networking company is reporting new data about its water efficiency, starting with its data center in Prineville, Oregon. The [...]
Data from Facebook, published on Wednesday, shows that despite the social networking’s rising star, its carbon emissions are still a fraction of internet rival Google. Facebook’s annual emissions were 285,000 metric tons of CO2 equivalent in 2011, compared with Google’s 1.5m tons in 2010. [Guardian] The data, published on Wednesday, shows that despite the social [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!