Tag Archives: management
As part of smart-grid research efforts, Duke Energy has installed anarray of 213 solar panels in south Charlotte, N.C., to provideelectricity to homes served by Duke Energy’s McAlpine Creek substation. Thesubstation’s new solar panels will provide approximately 50 kW ofelectricity, enough to power five homes when the panels are operating.Electricity from these panels can be [...]
GridPoint Inc., a leading smart grid company, has released GridPointPlatform 3.0, a standards-based open platform that provides utilitieswith an intelligent network to manage and control distributed energyresources. GridPoint Platform 3.0 enables utilities to offerconsumers online energy programs, delivers advanced demand responseprograms based on consumer preferences, grid status, real-time marketprices and analytics, and expands the variety [...]
BigBelly Solar, which makes solar-powered trash bins, is lining up Waste Management as a North American distributor. Each trash bin comes with a compactor for compressing trash, asensor and LED lights to gauge its fullness and a wireless device tosend that information to the garbage collector. A solar panel on top ofthe receptacle charges a [...]
SunEdison has officially opened the Renewable Operations Center (ROC),which the company says is North America’s first fleet-wide PVmanagement command and control center. The ROC, located inSunEdison offices at the historic McClellan Air Force hangar, serves asthe hub for SunEdison solar fleet performance data analysis, PV solarenergy system monitoring, remote diagnostics and automated servicedispatch.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?