Tag Archives: leds
Thomas Edison perfected the first incandescent light bulb in 1879. It burnedfor 13.5 hours. And incandescent bulbs are still burning 131 yearslater, but at a price that’s costly to both our wallets and theenvironment. Incandescents are extremely inefficient. They operate atabout 20 percent efficiency with the other 80 percent given off as heat energy. And [...]
Goingback home after dark, especially if the neighborhood isn’t as friendlyin filling up any pits before you come back home, is always a riskybusiness. Flashlights do help you getting back home safe, but the daywhen your luck runs out, the batteries in that won’t be charged orreplaced. The solar LED flashlight from ChinaVasion doesn’t need [...]
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone