Tag Archives: ion
Researchers at USC, , according to recently published research in Nano Research, have “developed a new lithium-ion battery design that uses porous silicon nanoparticles in place of the traditional graphite anodes to provide superior performance.” “It’s an exciting research. It opens the door for the design of the next generation lithium-ion batteries,” said Chongwu Zhou, professor at [...]
Pure silicon isn’t terribly thrilling. It’s neither a perfect insulator nor a perfect conductor. It’s somewhere in the middle. Inserting a smattering of boron or phosphorus atoms into the silicon crystal lattice really spices things up. This process is called ion implantation and it’s one of the fundamental processes used to make microchips. Since we [...]
As noted in a previous post, solar patent litigation has begun to move upstream to encompass photovoltaic manufacturing equipment. Some recent public statements by PV production equipment maker Silicon Genesis (SiGen) about startup equipment vendor Twin Creeks Technologies (Twin Creeks) hint at more upstream solar patent trouble on the horizon. This Greentech Media story quotes a SiGen [...]
Sanyo and Panasonic recently announced the launch of the Everleds Lithium-ion Solar StreetLight that is designed to reduce impact on the environment. Thehigh-tech street light is made by combining solar cells and lithium-ionbatteries. The high efficiency solar cells harness solar energy andstore it in the lithium-ion batteries attached to the back of the panel. Unlike [...]
We have long accepted the image of the 21st century that includes iPhones and robots and flat screen televisions and electric vehicles… Now, a research group at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is creating the latest in new-wave technology: rechargeable fabric batteries. That’s right. Rechargeable batteries are no longer reserved for your cell phone and [...]
Aftersuccessfully acquiring more than a 50% stake in Sanyo, Panasonic isplanning to commercialize a lithium-ion storage cell for home use. Thecompany has already test-manufactured a storage battery for home use,which can store enough electricity for about one week of use. Thisnew storage cell will be able to store excess renewable energy and useit to power [...]
Techtium Ltd.has unveiled the world’s first dedicated Li-ion solar charging IC withrecord breaking efficiency. The company’s TEC 103 is a power conversionsolution for portable solar chargers that are used to charge portablegadgets like cellphones and Bluetooth headsets. The company claimsthat the IC boosts the output of a single PV cell from 0.5VDC to Li-ionvoltages at [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!