Tag Archives: houston
Once a year solar owners across the US come together and allow the public to tour their homes, businesses and solar and energy efficient buildings. That time is now. And this year there’s an added bonus, a sweepstakes with nearly $4,000 in prizes! While officially the National Solar Tour takes place on Oct. 6, 2012, [...]
Seamus “Shay” Curran, director of the University of Houston’s Institute for NanoEnergy, doesn’t like cleaning windows. “My wife gets after me about it,” he said. A new hydrophobic nano coating he and his team of researchers at UH have developed holds the promise of self-cleaning windows. Of course, that’s just a pleasant byproduct. Curran developed [...]
Houston is one of the major cities in Texas. As part of a state-wide effort to become more cleantech friendly, including the use of renewable energy and energy efficient products, Houston has been doing what it can to work toward sustainability. This includes making changes in buildings, throughout transportation, the city’s infrastructure, increasing renewable and [...]
UK-based QuantaSol announced it will exclusively license advanced materials growth technology from the University of Houston to make its manufacturing process simpler and cheaper, while further improving solar cell efficiency. QuantaSol is an independent designer and manufacturer of strain-balanced quantum-well solar cells.Strain-balanced quantum well solar cells (SB-QWSC), are nanostructureswhich allow for solar photovoltaic panels to [...]
NRG Energy just announced that it has been chosen by the city ofHouston to build and operate a 10 MW solar power installation,according to Reuters. The project will be constructed at NRG’s Wharton Generating Station using First Solar’s PV modules. The City of Houston has agreed to buy the power produced by thesolar installation as [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!