Tag Archives: holy
The Achilles heel of renewable energy has been its challenge withintermittency. Other problems include its use of natural resources suchas water for cooling. What if you could design a utility-scale solarpower plant that was persistent, not intermittent, and also used zerowater? Turns out you can. Unlike photovoltaic technology and other solar technologies, two Solar Towers [...]
Kyocera Corp. has supplied solar modules that help to illuminate theArmenian Cathedral of the Holy Cross — located on the island of Akdamar, Turkey. This year church services were held there for the first time in 90 years. As an important cultural landmark, the church isilluminated in the evenings throughout the year. The energy required [...]
It’s almost cliche to claim that large-scale energy storage is the holy grail or missing link of renewable energy. (That will not stop me from using that bromide a bit longer, however.) Today, the only economical method of storing energy at a large scaleis pumped hydro (pumped hydro accounts for almost all large-scaleelectricity storage) or [...]
Holy Cross Electric in Colorado has announced an additional $250,000 in solar rebates for 2009. Holy Cross has already given out over $1.1 million in rebates thisyear, and given the overwhelming demand, has decided to reallocateother funds into more solar rebates. The rebate will remain at $2 per watt, with a cap of $12,000. For [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa