Tag Archives: financing
Norwegian solar giant REC Group plans to raise NKr4.5bn ($710m) from a new rights issue, a NKr500m increase on the figure it announced last month. The price and number of shares has yet to be decided. REC says the move comes after “an overall assessment of the current financial situation”. It explains that the demand [...]
Evergreen Solar just announced a public offering of its commonstock, worth $60 million. Piper Jaffray and Co is the underwriter forthe offering, and Evergreen Solar intends to give them a 30-day optionto buy an additional $9 million worth of stock. Per a company press release, the money raised from the offering will be used to [...]
Norway’s solar giant REC Group is moving decisely to strengthen its financial position by raising up to Nkr 7-9bn ($1.1–1.4bn) from new capital, restructuring its debt and adding new credit lines.REC will issue new shares and bonds through a fully underwritten rights issue which in total are expected to amount to Nkr3 -5bn ($450-760m). DnB [...]
SunPower will offer 9,000,000 shares of class A common stock and $175mn in senior convertible debentures due 2014, with Credit Suisse Securities (USA) and Deutsche Bank lead underwriters. SunPower, a leading crystalline photovoltaic cell manufacturer based in San Jose, California, last week reported a $4.8mn first quarter loss and lowered 2009 revenue estimates. Most net [...]
Oneof the most popular methods people use to finance solar panels was homeequity loans. Although not many people have equity in their homestoday, the people who do have an extreme advantage since interest ratesare at historic lows, therefore people with good credit and equity intheir homes can borrow money for cheap and invest it into [...]
Yesterday LDK Solar (LDK) announced it was receiving more capital from China banks and this morning Yingli (YGE) is announcing additional financingwith the renewal of credit lines of up to RMB 1 billion with theExport-Import Bank of China which is owned by China’s centralgovernment. I think it’s clear that China is going to do whatever [...]
LDK Solar (LDK) is announcing this morning it has received a loan ofabout $29 million from China Development Bank as well as approval for acredit line of around $145 million from Agricultural Development Bankof China which will help fund continuing business operations at a timewhen financing can be difficult. It appears China is ready and [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!