Tag Archives: Distributed Generation
Dan Primack of Fortune again has the scoop on revenue at fuel cell “startup” Bloom Energy. And it doesn’t look great. Bloom had $42 million of pro forma revenue and negative $61 million of pro forma operating income in the first quarter of this year, according to documents obtained by Fortune. That’s down significantly from [...]
California Governor Jerry Brown wants 12.000 megawatts of distributed generation (DG) to be part of the 20,000-plus megawatts of renewable capacity the state’s utilities have been ordered to put in place by 2020. That’s a lot of rooftop and ground mounted solar, small and community wind, small biomass/biogas production, combined heat and power and other [...]
With new solar and wind installations at two of its ballparks, Major League Baseball opens the 2012 season showing America the national pastime is still at the vanguard of social and technological change. Baseball was the first sport to play under lights, break the color line, pioneer live television broadcasts, end restrictive player-management relations, and [...]
If the cost of electricity were the only factor in energy discussions, we’d probably have a lot more coal and a lot less renewable energy. But the truth is that renewable energy can compete on cost and distributed renewable energy has a lot more value beyond just electricity, as illustrated in this one facet in [...]
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone