Tag Archives: daystar
Remember that Bruce Springsteen song "Out in the Street" from "The River?" DayStar Technologies is living it today. The early, and now faltering, pioneer in copper indium galliumselenide (CIGS) solar cells reported today that it will seek partners to produce its panels overseas. The company will also entertain jointventures and licensing. Finding manufacturing partners may [...]
DayStar Technologies (NSDQ: DSTI) has been struggling to generate sales, and also to keep its CEO. The Santa Clara, Calif.-based company is losing CEO, MichaelMatvieshen, who was only appointed in Sept. 21 this year, according tothe company’s filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. DayStar revealed Matvieshen’s resignation Tuesday along with the termination of a [...]
It seems solar company Daystar (DSTI) can’t do anything right thesedays and the company remains in disarray. A couple weeks ago, thestock got a pop to around the buck level on news it would merge operations with EPOD solar. It appeared for a bit that the stock would get out of the cellar, butthe rally stalled [...]
Daystar (DSTI) may get some upside momentum in the coming days on news that they will merge operations and R&D with EPOD Solar of Canadain order to bring the CIGS thin film technology to commercialproduction much quicker. The two companies plan to sign definitiveagreements and complete the transaction as soon as possible which issubject to [...]
It was announced today that Veeco (VECO) will attempt its own pushinto the copper, indium, gallium, selenium (CIGS) thin film solarmarket by purchasing equipment and leased facilities from DaystarTechnologies (DSTI) as well as hire its R&D department. Daystar isselling the New York operations to reduce expenses and focus on itsCIGS on glass core operations until [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!