Tag Archives: current events
GE Oil & Gas introduced last week a new small-scale, plug-and-play, re-deployable liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueling system that could accelerate the transition from diesel to cleaner liquefied natural gas fuel. The world’s first commercial application of the LNG In A Box system will be for LNG fueling stations in Europe to be delivered by [...]
Clean energy is an important part of the economy of Colorado, which is the location of the first presidential debate on October 3rd. Colorado’s robust wind industry and 70,000 jobs in green goods and services could suffer if the Production Tax Credit for wind isn’t extended by the end of 2012. The presidential candidates differ [...]
It’s the season of campaigns and campaign promises, but for the solar industry, an unfulfilled presidential promise from nearly three years ago is still rankling. In 2011, President Obama announced that he was bringing back solar panels to the White House. Over twenty years before, in 1979, President Jimmy Carter installed a solar hot water [...]
One of the anecdotes I’ve been hearing a lot about in the halls at Solar Power International in Orlando this week came from the opening day CEO panel addressing “Change in an Uncertain Market.” The moderator asked the CEOs whether they thought the solar industry would be better under a Romney or Obama administration. The [...]
For the past few days, people have been amazed by the marketing blunder committed by Shell when they launched their Arctic Ready website, looking for users to create their own ads with slogans to promote arctic drilling. The ad generator tool was, naturally, overtaken by environmental activists and general ‘internet trolls‘ alike to make Shell [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!