Tag Archives: cooking
University of Utah metallurgists created a “recipe” to produce solar cell material in a microwave oven. Using this kitchen appliance, a nanocrystal semiconductor suitable for photovoltaic applications can be manufactured rapidly from cheap abundant and less toxic metals than other semiconductors. Scientists hope that this new method will be used for more efficient photovoltaic solar [...]
Solar power is, quite rightly, associated with rooftop panels,since this is the most common use of the technology. But there are other less high-tech ways to harness solar power. Simply hanging clothes to dry outside is one of them. Solar cooking is another. In regions with plenty of sunshine and lack of access to electricityand [...]
Industrial designer Njegos Lakic is envisioning the future ofcooking appliances, when systems that are safe and green will rule themarket. The designer has come up with a conceptual cooking panel that is flexible and can be spread on any surface to cook food or prepare asteaming cup of coffee. The Electrolux Invico, as Lakic calls [...]
This is the Smart Sun Solar Cooker that is good for a small family of 2persons. It comes with dual heating processes – solar energy andinduction heating. The top has high-efficient solar cells that canharness solar energy even on a cloudy day. For induction heating, thestored solar energy is utilized and you can cook food [...]
Indiahas been working on to escalate the use of solar energy in the country.Previously news surfaced that India is planning to develop solar plants, which will have a combined output of 200GW and now the country is boasting the development of the world’s largest solar steam cooking system that has been installed in Shirdi in [...]
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!