Tag Archives: considers
California’s Air Resources Board (CARB) is considering a plan to give out extra carbon credits to businesses affected by the state’s cap-and-trade program, reports The Sacramento Bee. The state’s program sets industry-wide limits on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, allowing those that exceed those limits to use carbon credits to offset anything above those levels. It [...]
Pointing out that three quarters of the world’s renewable energy wasinstalled with support from a feed in tariff (FIT), Paul Newman of theArizona Corporation Commission explained that Arizona “is pushing the possibility of a FIT to get some renewable infrastructure in the ground.” Unlike up front rebates based on the size of a system someoneinstalls, [...]
Liquid crystal display (LCD) screens can often be difficult to viewin direct sunlight or when used outside. However, one computer companymay have just the solution. A patent application from Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL),published last week, describes techniques for capturing light fromexternal sources to illuminate electronic device display screens. The External Light Illumination of Display Screens’ [...]
The ministry of New and Renewable Energy of the Indian government is expected to come up with a proposal that would require the telecomoperators to convert their diesel-powered cellphone towers to renewablesolar energy. The plan is expected to be a part of India’s NationalSolar Mission, which aims to generate up to 20GW of solar power [...]
Not content to sit idle as their Chinese rivals implement aggressivepricing strategies overseas, German solar manufacturers are fightingback by looking to a higher power. BSW (Bundesverband Solarwirtschaft, the German Solar Industry Association) has stated that it will decide whether or not to request regulatory action by the end of the year over what it considers [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!