Tag Archives: concentrators
Concentrating PV and solar lighting are two industries with compelling ideas and, to date, relatively anemic sales. Combining ideas from both fields might be the answer. Canada’s SunCentral is in the midst of testing a solar lighting system that it says can reduce lighting and cooling loads in buildings while making offices more pleasant places [...]
Solar concentrators seem perpetually to be the zero-billion-dollar market in green technology, but times are changing. Soliant, which spun out of Caltech, has come out with a new version ofits concentrator/PV module system that it says can deliver power for"the lowest price per kilowatt hour for commercial rooftopinstallations," or 8 cents per kilowatt hour. The [...]
Maybe concentrators are no longer the Rodney Dangerfield of solar. Congentrix Energy announced today that it would build a 30-megawattsolar park for a division of Xcel Energy in Colorado. While solar parksof this size are becoming somewhat common, this deal is unusual in thatthe field will be composed of multi-junction solar panels combined withconcentrators and [...]
Pyron Solar Inc. (Pyron) is a San Diego company that develops and makes solar concentrators. Pyron and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) recently announcedthat SDG&E is building a demonstration project to test Pyron’spatented concentrated solar power system. The system uses shallow poolsof water as a passive cooling system for high efficiency solar cells. Pyron’s [...]
San Francisco–Skyline Solar is trying to live without factories. The company, which has created a system that combines silicon solar cells with a concentrator,gets its solar cells from five different suppliers, said Tim Keating,vice president of marketing and operations of the company during ameeting at Intersolar taking place this week in San Francisco. It thenhires [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!