Tag Archives: communities
The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded New York communities $40 million infederal stimulus funds to help property owners implementenergy-efficiency projects and small-scale renewable energy projects. New York City and the New York State Energy Research and DevelopmentAuthority and a consortium of 14 northern Westchester towns, led byBedford, N.Y., received grant awards through the federal [...]
When California faced an energy crisis in 2001, Tim Sears and EricaMackie were installing renewable energy systems in the privatesector. But as they watched their state and profession makeup twohalves of a state-wide power breakdown, the two engineers sprung intoaction, determined to spread the knowledge and skills needed to makesolar energy available to underserved communities. The offspring [...]
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar