Tag Archives: bp solar
BP, notorious for the worst oil spill in US history, is closing its solar business because it’s not profitable. Tata BP Solar India Ltd will continue, however, where BP has a 51% stake in the third largest solar manufacturer, Tata Power. BP also says its other renewable energy divisions, in wind and biofuels, will remain unchanged. The company will sell its stakes in [...]
BP Solar has signed a supply deal with Germany’s RGE Energy that will see it deliver 66 megawatts (MW) worth of solar modules – including 46MW for a single installation in Koethen, Germany, which will be one of the largest in the world.Solar-energy developer RGE is waiting to get its final approval from the Germany [...]
Wal-Mart Stores Inc is expanding its solar power program in California,with plans to put solar panels on 10 to 20 additional facilities withinthe next 18 months. The world’s largest retailer is partneringwith BP Solar on the expansion, which builds upon 18 solar arrays thathave already been installed on Wal-Mart facilities in the state. Thesolar installations [...]
Solar energy giant BP Solar from Maryland, USA, and SolarEdge fromIsrael today announced a joint agreement to commercialize a powerharvesting PV system embedded directly into BP Solar products. To achieve optimal energy yields while reducing installation andmaintenance challenges and costs, BP Solar will integrate SolarEdge’saelectronics directly into their modules. The combined technologies are currently undergoing [...]
Until recently, most photovoltaic systems ran blind.Maybe you’d know how much power was being produced by the total systemat the central inverter. But you didn’t have a lot of good diagnosticinfo to go on. If one of the panels or strings failed or was startingto fail, it was both guess work and trial and error [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa