Tag Archives: biotechnologies
Joule Technologieshas announced a breakthrough in fuel generation from carbon dioxidepresent in the air. The technology is based on highly engineeredphotosynthetic microbes that thrive of sunlight and CO2 and in returngenerate hydrocarbon fuel of different types. Thetype of fuel produced depends on the kind of organism used, where theend result ranges from ethanol to diesel. [...]
While the race to develop bio-fuel in a cost-effective and sustainable way is heated up, a California-based startup, Joule Biotechnologies is trying to take the lead with a unique process that converts carbon dioxide into liquid biofuel using a solar converter. Theconverter contains an internal broth of gray water, nutrients andunnamed genetically engineered organisms that [...]
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?