Tag Archives: atlantic
President Obama has vowed that in the absence of congressional action, he will use his executive privileges to combat climate change. Some who are seeking a pretext to discredit the President have suggested that he is ruling by executive orders (EOs). However, President Obama has signed fewer EOs in his first four years in office [...]
Feeding the globe’s insatiable energy appetite is a highly dangerous business. And, unfortunately, events like the BP oil spill are not once-in-a-generation freak accidents. Here, we take a look at the biggest energy-related accidents in 2011. Note: I’ve ranked the disasters in terms of importance. If you disagree with my rankings, or have other events [...]
One of the anecdotes I’ve been hearing a lot about in the halls at Solar Power International in Orlando this week came from the opening day CEO panel addressing “Change in an Uncertain Market.” The moderator asked the CEOs whether they thought the solar industry would be better under a Romney or Obama administration. The [...]
Nicknamed Project Nina, Fisker’s new sedan was announced the night before the 2012 New York International Auto Show opened. Leaked prototype drawings had audiences piqued and ready for the big unveil. What we saw was a smaller luxury sedan (sporting a mustache) with the features to fit the modern-day family. Designed as a plug-in hybrid, [...]
Travel north of the U.S. border to the Canadian province of Ontarioand you’ll run into a thriving solar energy industry. You’ll alsofind the work of Atlantic Wind and Solar (AWSL), a renewable energycompany that has made considerable headway with solar installations andtechnology development across the province. Through the Ontariogovernment’s Feed-In Tariff Program (FIT) and a relationship with [...]
Atlantic Wind& Solar Inc. has entered into an agreement with anOntario commercial real estate developer that will allow it to developand construct four more solar rooftop projects. The projects will generate a combined nameplate power capacity of approximately 492 kW.Under the agreement, Atlantic Wind & Solar will finance, build, own, operate and maintain the solar [...]
Atlantic Wind and Solar Inc. (PINKSHEETS: AWSL) is pleased to providethe following summary of significant achievements and corporatedevelopments during 2009. AWSL began 2009 focused on a singularcorporate goal: To establish itself as a significant player in theRenewable Energy (RE) industry through Solar and/or Wind Power, thusopening up avenues for strong corporate growth in what managementregards [...]
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone