Tag Archives: act
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., the author of the 1994 California Desert Protection Act, has introducedThe California Desert Protection Act of 2010, a comprehensive bill todesignate new lands in the Mojave Desert for conservation. According toFeinstein’s office, the legislation will also improve the federalpermitting process to advance large-scale wind and solar development onsuitable lands. The bill [...]
“Whilethe details of a binding agreement may not be completely worked out inCopenhagen, it is more important than ever that participants send astrong, indicative and ambitious signal that can guide energyinvestment and policy decisions globally,” said Nobuo Tanaka, theExecutive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), today atthe UN Climate Change Conference (COP-15) in Copenhagen. [...]
Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J. and Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., have introduced the Solar Manufacturing Jobs Creation Act. The legislation will provide a tax credit to support solar manufacturing in the U.S. Currently,a 30% solar investment tax credit (SITC) exists for the investment inor installation of solar power technology, Stabenow’s office notes.Under [...]
At this point in time, Americans seem eager to embrace solar energyas part of a lower-carbon–and more energy-independent–future. Solarincentive programs across the country are performing well (in somecases, too well for their own good), and as the cost of the technologybegins to drop a little, solar is a better option than ever. But wehave enormous [...]
SenatorsJohn Kerry of Massachusetts and Barbara Boxer of California introduceda new bill last week entitled the “Clean Energy Jobs and American PowerAct,” which is an edited version of the previous House legislationentitled the “American Clean Energy and Security Act”(ACES) or “Cap-and-Trade bill.” In addition, the Obama administrationannounced on the same day that it was moving [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!