Suntech (STP) Powers Net-Zero Showcase Home At Olympics (STP) $STP
Suntech announced that their solar panels are being used to power anet-zero showcase home for the Vancouver Winter Olympics. The house,which is currently being used to house Olympic athletes, produces asmuch energy as it consumes each year, thanks in part to 6 KW of powergenerated by Suntech’s Just Roof (TM) solar roofing system.
The house, designed by RDC Homes, is so efficient that on an annual basis it may even produce more energy than it consumes.
In a press release, Steve Chan, Suntech’s Chief Strategy Officer, commented on the news:
“The world’s focus is on the sportsmanship and excitement of the 2010
Winter Olympics with the incredible backdrop of the Vancouver environment, and
as such, it is a great time for the clean energy community to show off the
potential of sustainable, zero-energy living – especially in a place like
Whistler, with an annual snow fall of 30 feet. This home is proof-positive that net-zero homes
are accessible for today’s homeowners and home builders.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?