Suntech Power (STP) Forms Alliance With Petra Solar For Pole Mounted Solar PV Systems
Suntech Power (STP) and New Jersey based Petra Solarhave announced a partnership that will focus on marketing utilitygrade, pole mounted solar AC systems for utility distribution andstreetlight poles around the world, particularly in the US. Thesystems will consist of PV modules and integral line voltage inverterswith real time communication and smart grid capabilities.
Dr. Zhengrong Shi, Suntech’s Founder, Chairman and CEO said, "Werecognize that Petra Solar is the leader in the development ofinnovative utility grade, pole-mounted distributed PV systems. Theirvision to create a market for intelligent solar energy systems attachedto utility poles and street lights, which combines distributed solargeneration and smart grid technology, has great potential for Suntech.We are excited about the value that we can bring to utility customersas a result of working with Petra Solar."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?