Suntech Opens First U.S. Manufacturing Facility $STP
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. has opened its first U.S. manufacturingplant in Goodyear, Ariz. The new module production facility has aninitial 30 MW of annual capacity and will employ more than 75 operators, engineers and professionals by the end of this year.
Suntechnotes that due to customer interest, it is planning to expand thefacility to 50 MW early next year and targets to employ more than 150people by the end of 2011.
The 117,000 square-foot facility willinitially focus on producing Suntech’s 280 W Vd-series modules, whichare primarily used for commercial and utility-scale electricitygeneration. All modules produced at the facility will be compliant forprocurement in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects.
SOURCE: Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- In Focus: Vertical Farming
- Why Green Buildings Work
- FUTUREWATCH: 3D NAND Flash Memory
- STUDY: Humans Caused Climate Change
- Nickel Iron Battery
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix