Suntech Installs 1 MW Solar Power System For Harrah’s Rincon Casino $STP
Suntech just announced that it has completed installing a 1 MWsolar system for Harrah’s Rincon Casino in Southern California. Thesystem will supply enough solar energy to meet approximately 1/4 of thecasino’s needs, powering 90% of its HVAC system.
In a press release, Steven Chan, Chief Strategy Officer of Suntech, commentedon the news:
“Led by the Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians in partnership with theCalifornia Center for Sustainable Energy, TRANE and San Diego Gas &Electric, the Harrah’s Rincon Casino solar plant is a model forCalifornia businesses to follow and speaks to the success of theCalifornia Solar Initiative program. We’re thrilled with theenvironmental and cost benefits from Harrah’s solar installation as well as the education opportunity it provides for visitors to its resort.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?