SunPower, Toshiba in Supply Agreement (SPWRA) $SPWRA
SunPower just announced that it has signed a supply agreement withToshiba Corporation for 32 MW wort of high-efficiency solar panels.Under the agreement, SunPower will supply the solar panels to Toshibathis year, and Toshiba will use them to offer residential solar powerin Japan.
In a press release, SunPower CEO Tom Werner commented on the agreement: “We welcome the opportunity to partner with Toshiba, a preeminentbusiness leader in Japan and throughout the world. SunPower panels areparticularly well suited to Japan’s residential market, where the newJapanese feed-in-tariff rewards production of solar energy in excess ofdomestic consumption, but available roof area is typically quite small.SunPower high efficiency systems will allow more customers to takeadvantage of this incentive.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar