SunPower (SPWRA) Adds 40 MW To California Valley Solar Ranch Contract
Sunpowerjust announced that it has added an additional 40 MW of capacity to itscontract for the development of the California Valley Solar Ranch forPG&E. That means that the completed plant will be 250MW, one of thelargest solar PV plants in the world.
“We are thrilled to continue to advance one of the first centralstation solar power plants in the world with PG&E and incoordination with San Luis Obispo County. The California Valley SolarRanch will generate pollution-free solar power that is competitive withnew, conventional peak power. Our incremental 40-MW agreement withPG&E provides more visibility into our power plant pipeline in 2011and beyond.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?