SunPower Reports Earnings Results
SunPower(SPWRA) reported mixed results after the bell today missing analyst estimates on the EPS side (reporting .05 vs estimate of .08), but matched the revenuenumber at $347 million. Compared to the year ago quarter, the resultslook darn good because that was a terrible quarter in which the companyreported a loss for the first time in several years. Sequentially, itwas well below the .47/share and $548 million they reported in Q4, butthat’s typically their strongest quarter, so it’s tough to compare thisquarter with what they’ve done in the past. Clearly, traders aren’t too impressed sending the stock down another 4% in after hours trading back below $15.
Highlights of comments made from CEO Tom Werner:
- European business growing rapidly
- highly confident can meet2010 plan and deliver strong growth in 2011
- 72% of Euro exposurehedged
Looking ahead, it looks like SPWRA is issuing Q2 guidance well belowthe Street view with an EPS range of .05 – .12, vs the Street estimateof .25/share. Its revenue guidance is below the Street too. Itforecasts $380 – $420 million vs the Street estimate of $437 million. While the company is reaffirming the full year guidance it gave last quarter which is within the analyst estimated range, I thinktraders are selling because of the guidance for next quarter (not tomention the EPS miss). I still think Sunpower (SPWRA) is becoming acompelling stock down at these levels, but would want to see someimprovement technically first.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa