SunPower Panels Representin’ at Solar Decathalon Europe $SPWRA
SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWRA) earned international recognitionlast week when six of 17 universities competing in Solar Decathlon Europe chose to usethe company’s high-efficiency solar panels. The solar home-buildingcompetition began on Friday and will be held through June 27 in Madrid,Spain.
Luis Torres, SunPower’s General Director of Market Development, hadthe following to say about the decision of the six universities:
“SunPower is honored to support the talent and enthusiasm of these students, as their projects may help advance the residentialuse of renewable energy throughout Europe,” said Luis Torres, generaldirector of market development, EMEA at SunPower. “Up to 50% moreefficient than conventional panels, SunPower solar panels are the mostreliable choice for constrained areas such as residential rooftopsbecause they will generate more power than other solar products.”
According to SunPower’s press release,the San Jose, California-based company has been doing business in Spainsince 2007 and generated 53 percent of its revenue from doing businessin Europe during fiscal year 2009. SunPower is supporting the followinguniversities that are using their panels in the competition:
- University of Sevilla
- CEU University Cardenal Herrera
- Institute of Advance Architecture of Cataluna
- University of Florida
- University of Rosenheim
- University of Paris Arts et Metiers
The first-ever Solar Decathlon Europe is being sponsored by theSpanish Ministry of Housing. The 17 competing universities arerepresenting three different continents. During the competition,the university teams are being judged by renowned architects andengineers on the design of their homes as well as the cost-effectiveand energy-efficient aspects. The winning home will have to bearchitecturally sound and incorporate the most effect solar technology.
Solar Decathlon Europe is modeled after the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, which is held every twoyears in Washington, D.C.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS