SunPower Destroys Earnings Estimates $SPWRA
SunPower just announced financial results for its 2010 fourth quarter and fiscal year.
"2010 was a great year for SunPower," according to Tom Werner, the company’s CEO during the earnings call this afternoon.
Fourth-quarter net income was $152.3 million compared with $8.5 million a year ago. Revenue rose 71 percent to $937.1 million from $547.9 million last year. SunPower shares closed at $17.43 on the Nasdaq, up 29 cents, or 1.7 percent.
2010 revenue grew a whopping 46 percent to $2.22 billion from $1.52 billion in 2009. The company shipped 546 megawatts in 2010 with a gross margin of 23 percent.
Guidance for 2011: The firm is fully allocated for the year and thefirm raised the revenue and guidance for the first quarter of 2011 to$475 million to $525 million. SunPower raised guidance for the full year to $2.8 billlion to $2.95 billion at a gross margin of 19 percent to 21 percent.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?