Sunpower Building Part of Italy’s Largest Solar Plant (SPWRA)
Sunpower (SPWRA) has designed and started construction earlier this year of Italy’s largest solar plant, called the Montalto di Casto project,it was announced today. Sunray Renewable Energy is the Italian companyworking with Sunpower as the developer and owns the project which isbeing financed, in part, by a consortium of international and Italianbanks. This 24MW plant is phase 1 of a larger 100MW project and willfeature Sunpower’s Tracker technology which follows the sun anddelivers up to 25% more energy than fixed systems.
“In addition to delivering commercial benefits to thecommunity, Montalto di Castro is designed to integrate seamlessly intothe surrounding countryside and preserve the local ecosystem,” saidGiora Salita, head of business development for SunRay. “SunPower’sunrivaled global experience in the design and construction of solarpower plants will help ensure that the finished project is the pride ofthe local community today and for many generations in the future.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?