Sunpower Beats on Earnings, Misses on Revenues $SPWRA
SunPower’s Q2 revenueswere $384.2 million, up from last quarter’s $347.3 million andsignificantly more than the the $299.3 million in Q2 2009. Gross margin has also improved over last quarter and last year to 22.9 percent. (All figures GAAP unless otherwise noted). Net loss for the quarter was $6.2 million.
Second quarter highlights included theannouncement of a world record 24.2 percent efficiency solar cell and a joint venture with AUO to operate the 1.4-gigawatt Fab 3 facility inMalaysia, which will begin solar cell production in the fourth quarterof this year.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?