Sunlight Solar Energy talks solar with Newton North Greengineers
Last Thursday, January 20th, Newton’s Sunlight Solar Energy employees Amy Levine and Christopher Robinson met with Newton North High School’s Greengineers to talk about solar energy and the current state of renewable energy in the US. Conceptualized and led by former English teacher StephenChinosi, the Greengineers class is a collaborative, innovativeeducational program that combines Chemistry, Engineering, Physics,Economics, Finance, Design, and Industrial Safety.
After giving an informal presentation about solar energy, Amy and Chris had the pleasure of learning about the Greengineers’projects this year. Some of their projects include producing largequantities of biodiesel from waste grease, recycling plastic bags intodurable and reusable products, and experimenting with algae as arenewable energy source.
It was truly inspirational to see what students can achieve in asolution-centered, hands-on learning environment with unlimitedencouragement and support for creativity. This kind of educational model is necessary for preparing a new generation to think innovatively andcreate solutions to problems that affect our local, national, and global communities. In drawing from a wide variety of resources and fields ofstudy, these students are learning the value of a collaborative approach to problem solving.
Newton is lucky to have such an exciting educational opportunity inits backyard. We are looking forward to continuing a relationship withthis class and helping students learn more about the variousapplications of solar energy in the vast and exciting mix of emergingrenewable energy sources.
Sunlight Solar Energy, Inc is committed to providing the highest qualitygrid-tied solar electric, solar hot water heating and solar pool heating installations for homes, businesses, municipalities and non-profits.Our company has been dedicated to installing solar energy systems forover 20 years and we are licensed to install in Connecticut, New York,Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Oregon andNevada. As one of the leading solar thermal and photovoltaic (PV) design and installation contractors in the U.S., we have set the standard forwarranties and customer service. We met Sunpower's stringent standardsand won the Sunpower 2008 "Intelegant Award" for best installation inaesthetics, quality and customer satisfaction. All of our installationsare turn-key and include all permitting, applications, and incentivepaperwork to provide ease, convenience and predictability. Ourestimates, site assessments and system designs are always provided freeof charge. Articles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!