Sungevity Raises $6M
Sungevity has raised $6 million in equity and hired new executives to help it expand its business. Greener Capital led the round, said the Berkeley, Calif.-based installer of solar energy systems. Sungevity also hired Charles Ferer as chief financial officer. Fererserved the same role at SolarCity, one of California’s largestinstaller headquartered in Foster City. Daphne Li also is joining Sungevity as its chief operation officer.Li was the chief strategy officer and vice president of marketing atDoveBid, which helps companies assess and sell their assets. Li helpedlaunched an online auction business there and grew the sales from $12million to $150 million, according to Sungevity.
The solar installer also has hired Ariel Tseitlin as its vicepresident of technology and product development. Tseitlin came fromCTOWorks, a software consulting firm he founded and headed as chiefexecutive. Aside from selling its installation services to residential customers, Sungevity has devoted resources into developing software and services to generate a list of potential customers for other installers. The company uses satellite images of those likely customers’rooftops to help layout the design of a solar energy system in order toprovide a cost estimates. This approach saves the time and moneyinvolved in sending staff for a site visit. Most of the site visitsdon’t generate contracts because consumers tend to shop around.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa