SunEdison (WFR) Purchases 2 of TransAlta’s Canadian Solar PV Projects
SunEdison, a subsidiary of MEMC Electronic Materials, just announced that it haspurchased 2 solar PV projects from TransAlta. The projects are locatedin Ontario, and SunEdison will finance, build, own, operate, monitor and maintain them once they are completed.
The first site will be a 10-MW project under the Renewable EnergyStandard Offer Program. The second will be part of Ontario’sFeed-in-Tariff (FIT) program. The Ontario Power Authority will purchase power from both projects.
In a press release, Jason Gray, Canada Country Manager for SunEdison.,commented on the news:
"We are excited to have purchased these solar photovoltaicdevelopment projects. SunEdison has a successful record of utility-scale solar PV system installations. We have the proven ability to bringsolar energy projects to fruition and to do so quickly, so that we canall enjoy a cleaner, greener Ontario."
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa