Sun harvesting electric Bluecar gets real in France and Italy
The solar-powered electric “Bluecar” by Italian car designer Pininfarina and French battery manufacturer Bolloréhas finally reached the production line and the companies have statedaccepting orders online for the four-seat, five-door hatchback.
Fornow the company will just roll out a limited number of units, whichwill be increased gradually to about 60,000 in 2015. The 100% electriccar is powered by a lithium metal polymer battery pack that gets itsjuice from a state-of-the-art regenerative braking mechanism andphotovoltaic panels that make the roof of the car.
Withmodest demands the battery is able to run the car at a top speed of80kph and provides enough thrust to enable the car reach 60kph in lessthan 6.5 seconds. For those of you who don’t want to lack behind in therace to own the first solar car in your town, you’ll have to deposit€330, which is refundable only during a 7 day cooling off period or ifyou’re not allocated a vehicle.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS