Even among the solar-savvy, many people do not know what Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) are or what potentialbenefits they represent. As we’ve mentioned before, SRECs (or often simply RECs) allow generators of renewableenergy to sell credits to businesses like utilities who need them tocomply with government regulations. These credits accrue automaticallyto solar panel owners and often can be traded and sold like stocks onthe stock market.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?