Spherical Solar Cells Unveilved by Kyosemi Corp.
KyosemiCorporation has unveiled tiny spherical solar cells that can be used to create energy harvesting windows in the not-so-distant future. TheSphelar solar cells are solidified drops of silicon measuring 1.8mm indiameter and are highly transparent.
The cells can be embedded in glass to create a transparent solarcell window, which can capture sunlight from any direction or angle.Since both the sides of the glass can collect and convert sunlight intoelectricity, these windows would also be highly efficient. Moreover, the cells can also be embedded in flexible surfaces, allowing them to takeon unusual shapes or be bent if necessary.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS