SOM Delivers India’s First LEED Gold Certified Hotel
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LLP (SOM) have announced the completion of India’s first LEED GoldCertified hotel, which has been built in the city of Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh. Christened the Park Hotel, the hotel has been described as a“Modern Indian Palace,” which combines local craftsmanship and asustainable design.
The 250 room hotel features a façade of perforated metal, whichserves as a sunscreen to reduce heat gain. The architects took inaccount day lighting and solar gain to reduce energy consumption inlighting and cooling of the hotel. With an aim to maximize energyconsumption, the architects managed to reduce energy demand by as muchas 20 percent.
The architects have also included a wastewater treatment facilityon-site, which processes both gray water and wastewater before it isreleased back into the city’s sewer system.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!