Solyndra Receives ISO Certification From TUV Rheinland
Solyndra Inc., a manufacturer of cylindrical solar photovoltaic systems for commercial and industrial rooftops, has earned ISO 9001:2008 certification, aninternationally recognized standard issued to organizations with aquality management system. The certificate was authorized by TUVRheinland.
"To meet strong product demand, we are ramping our Fab 2 facility, and this certification recognizes the strength of theprocesses and procedures that we have put in place to ensure the highest levels of quality as we rapidly scale our business," says Ben Bierman,Solyndra’s executive vice president of operations and engineering.
ISO 9001:2008 provides a set of requirements that must be in place to have a quality management system, regardless of the organization’s size,product or service line, or public or private status. Certification tothe standard is voluntary, and organizations must complete a rigorousauditing process by a third-party registrar, Solydra says.
SOURCE: Solyndra Inc.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System