Solexant Ramps CdTe to 100MW
The solar market is no longer the domain of scientists and hobbyists — the industry will ship more than ten gigawatts this year. It’s about scaling big, scaling fast and driving down costs. Suntech, Yingli, Trina Solar, First Solar, SunPower and others are all going to exceed one or two gigawatt capacity levelsin the next year or two (if they haven’t already) and are scrubbing cost out of every process step. If you’re not able to play in this league– why bother showing up?
Solexant is one of the more interesting of them and I just spoke with the CEO, Damoder Reddy.
The fifty-employee firm recently raised Round C funding from OlympusCapital Partners, DBL Investors, Brichmere Ventures, Trident Capital,Firelake Capital and Medley Partners. An SEC filing shows that they closed $41.5 million of a $64-million-dollar round.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System