Solar Bike Sheds by Sanyo in Tokyo
Sanyo has announced the installation of two “Solar Parking Lots”that incorporate solar panels, lithium-ion battery systems and provision of 100 electric hybrid bicycles. This installation in Tokyo eliminatesthe use of fossil fuels and clean power generated from the solar panelsmounted on the shed’s roof.
The solar sheds, which have been designed to work with Sanyo’sEneloop range of electric hybrid bicycles, generate enough energy tocharge 100 bicycles and also provide power to LED lights that illuminate the parking lots after dark. During sunny hours the solar radiation is converted to electriccharge by photovoltaic panels, which either feed the bike’s batteriesdirectly or charge up an array of six lithium-ion battery for later use.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?