SolarWindow Beefs Up Patent Portfolio
New Energy Technologies Inc. announced that, as part of the company’songoing pathway to commercialize its SolarWindow technology, capable ofgenerating electricity on see-thru glass windows, four new patentapplications have been filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Including previous patent submissions, a total of 10 new patent applications have been filed for SolarWindow, and 18International and US patent filings have been submitted for protectionof New Energy’s MotionPower technology, engineered to generateelectricity from vehicles as they slow or come to a stop.
“Werecently announced plans to advance our alternative energy technologies, SolarWindow and MotionPower, towards manufacturability andcommercialization. An important precursor to commercial launch of thesefirst-of-their-kind technologies is the protection of valuableintellectual property related to our underlying inventions,” explainedJohn A. Conklin, president and CEO of New Energy Technologies.
“With a total of 28 new patents filed internationally and in the UnitedStates, I’m proud to announce that we are making important strides insafeguarding the technological breakthroughs which make it possible tocreate meaningful commercial products from our early inventions.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy