SolarKindle: World’s First Solar E-Reader Cover
SoftFocus is now coming with a solar-powered e-reader cover that is not just the first of its kind on the planet, but will also help you charge up your Kindle for a whole three months with one session in the sun. Designed to perfectly fit both Kindle and Kindle Touch, the SolarKindle can power up your device for three whole days after just one hour under the sun. With an in-built LED lamp that is designed for ambient lighting that allows comfortable reading, the solar cover can even provide illumination for fifty straight hours on single charge.
Considering the mobile usage of both Kindle and Kindle Touch, this will help you go completely off the grid and you will never need to plug it in again; at least not for charging needs. Considering the little amount of sunshine that it needs to run for such long hours, the e-reader cover will most likely work almost anywhere on the planet and throughout the year. Available for $79.99, it is surely money well spent.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?