SolarCity Introduces Power Purchase Agreement Program For Small PV Systems
SolarCity has unveiled a power purchase agreement (PPA) offeringdesigned to allow small- and medium-sized businesses, churches andschools to adopt solar power for no money down and pay less than theypreviously paid for electricity.
The SolarCity PPA allowsorganizations to lock in predictable electricity rates to protectthemselves from rising energy costs, says SolarCity. Under the PPA, thecompany provides financing, design, installation, monitoring andmaintenance.
While PPAs have typically been used to financemassive solar farms, SolarCity’s PPA can finance commercial solarsystems as small as 20 kW or up to 1,000 kW or more, with generatingcapacity suitable for organizations of many different types and sizes.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?