Solar3D shapes operational plan for 3-D solar cell development
Solar3D Inc., the developer of a breakthrough 3-dimensional solar celltechnology to maximize the conversion of sunlight into electricity, hasannounced details of its plan for the development of the company’s solar cell.
“Our research, analysis, and experimentation to date haveallowed us to outline our development process and timetable with a highdegree of confidence,” said Jim Nelson, CEO of Solar3D. “We are ahead of the original schedule that we set for ourselves in terms of timing andexpected output.”
Inspired by light management techniques used in fiber optic devices, the company’s innovative solar cell technologyutilizes a 3-dimensional design to trap sunlight insidemicro-photovoltaic structures where photons bounce around until they are converted into electrons. The company’s management believes that thisbreakthrough solar cell will dramatically change the economics of solarenergy.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar