Solar Villas By The Sea
Solar Electrical Systems of Westlake Village, CA, has completed a 288kW solar installation on San Clemente Villas by the Sea, making it the largest PV system on an assisted living facility in the United States.
San Clemente Villas had an ambitious plan to save money and go green. They decided to install not one, not two, but three solar electrical systems. One was installed on the rooftop, one on a solarcarport, and one on a steep hillside. Solar Electrical Systems waschosen for the projects because of their long PV history and theirreputation with San Clemente Building & Safety for making difficultinstallations go smoothly. The hillside system posed the biggestchallenge because of the steepness of the hillside and lack of freewayaccess, but SES’s years of experience turned the unusable hillside into a solar power plant.
With rebates and tax incentives paying for 87% ofthe project, the solar electrical system will pay for itself in 4 years, and save the owners over $16 million dollars over the next 30 years.The hillside solar electrical system, visible to thousands of commuterson the 5 freeway, is a powerful illustration of the benefits of solarenergy.
Solar Electrical Systems is an experienced solar electrical design andinstallation company in Southern California, and has helped customersreduce or eliminate their electric bills since 1978.
QuestPoint Solar Solutions is your online source for news, information, commentary, and knowledge in the solar, renewable energy and green economy. With all the tech talk about solar, climatechange, smart grids and going green. It’s good to have a resource likeQuestPoint that makes it fun, upbeat and easier to understand what thegreen movement is about. In the new green economy knowledge is key.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS